Thursday, March 8, 2012

Postcards sent by us - On board 'President Cleveland' to the U.S.A. - 3.7.1970

President Cleveland.

To -
Lt Col and Mrs R. C. Rodd, Crescent Road, Newport.  N.S.W.  2106  Australia.

Just crossed the International Date Line, we are now in our second 3rd July 1970.

Dear All,

Just received your telegram, thanks a lot, so relieved to hear that Tabitha is safe and sound.  What fun receiving a telegram at sea.  Trip has been really great, entertainment terrific.  David won a Key Ring in Name Bingo and I won a Ship Trophy in the Fancy Dress, I dressed as a Kangaroo.  Tonight David will be Mother Bear in a Talent Show, his skit is Goldilocks and the three bears.  I have over come my sea sickness, the food is great at last.  I'm getting a suntan and the pool is a lot of fun.  Every night we dance.  Arrive Honolulu on the 5th for one day.

Love David and Pennie  XX

1 comment:

Jen Cameron ryan said...

Wow I was about 50 days old at this stage.

Love the kangaroo dress up