Sunday, May 20, 2012

U.S.A. - Carmel, California - October 1970

A last look and wander around Carmel.









The Parking Police Lady.




 Keith's owned this Motel, I can't find it on Google, it has changed it's name.



 Carmel Beach.



 Aileen Drury's home.



 The Walker House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.



   From Google Maps today.



One Incident I want to add here.  
One day I was going to the Supermarket, Virginia who never went shopping (Keith did all that sort of thing)  asked me to buy some pickling jars for her which I duly did.  
I bought them back and she asked how much they had cost?  
I was mortified, Keith and Virginia had been over generous and it was their money I'd spent buying those pickling jars.  I tried to explain that I didn't want recompense but she insisted and I managed to tell the cost which was all of $10 or something like that.  
I looked pleadingly at Keith, trying to get across that I didn't need recompense, he went off to his room and came back and stuffed something in my pocket which I hoped was just some paper.
On further inspection back at our little cottage I discovered he'd put $60 in my pocket!!!  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... I laughed!!


No comments: