Monday, January 23, 2012

Antwerpen - Belgium - 30.4.1970

 A couple of brochures we kept with the Museums we visited marked inside.

 Museum Mayer van den Bergh is one mans collection, I especially loved Pieter Bruegel the Elder's paintings, fascinating pictures with so much going on you can stand there for ages seeing new things in each one.

 Ruben's House.  I remember feeling very comfortable around the many many paintings of Peter Paul Ruben's well developed women  :-)

 Museum of Plantin-Moretus and Print Room.    Some wonderful old classics in this Museum.

Museum Brouwershuis (Brewers House)   I don't remember this one, beer was David's thing.  This Museum is closed at the moment.
I notice in David's writing that the Museum's we visited were free, I guess they had to be free for us to afford to visit them but now I see you can pay 3 Euros for entry.





No comments: