Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Postcards from Friends - Elsie Waugh - 25.9.1968

Cros-de-Cagnes - Cote d'Azur, French Riviera.

From:- Elsie Waugh - 25.9.1968

Dear David and Pennie,

     I am having a lovely restful time here.  The weather is lovely and so warm.  I have been in the sea each day since last Saturday; we arrived here on Thursday last about 7:50pm, after a long drive from Veyrier through the Alps.  My friends flat is marked with an x so you can see what a lovely view it commands.  Looking the other way from that on the card, is the sea, the full view of the race course, and Antibes Harbour.   I am writing this with the window on to the balcony wide open and can see the new moon over the hills at the back of Antibes, and the traffic going along the sea road.  Have not been to many places yet but hope to next week.  Love to you both, Pommy Mum xx xx

P.S. I have been to the old part of Cagnes and the Castle mentioned on this card marked.

No comments: